This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission from purchases made through links. We are highly selective about the products we share.
Discover the best curling irons that you can easily use at home.
It is not at all difficult to make hair that is coarse or finely curled, wavy or that looks like it just came out of the sea at home. Among the countless curling irons on the market, the brands and models that received the best return, we have listed the tips for using curling irons at home.
Dyson Airwrap, One Of The Best Selling Hair Curling And Styling Dryer, is Best For Voluminous Curls or Waves
Dyson Airwrap Complete Curling Iron
Looking at the user comments, you can see that Dyson Airwrap, which shapes the hair with air without giving high heat, has received excellent feedback. The Dyson Airwrap curling iron, which has a specially developed air-blowing motor inside, wraps the hair with the airflow in the direction of the arrow on it. Depending on the hair’s needs, there are four different heat and three different airflow settings on the curling iron. There is also a cold air button for better styling before removing the hair from the curling iron. Another advantage over other curling irons is that they can be used on dry and damp hair.
Best For Free Flowing Waves
Babyliss Curl Secret Automatic Curling Iron
The Babyliss curling iron, which wraps the hair around your cat, is an efficient design. Babyliss curling iron, which you can choose between two different temperature levels, 185°C, and 205°C, depending on the structure of your hair, can be used on wet and dry hair. After holding the hair, the self-winding tong gives an audible warning when the hair is ready and released the hair.
Best For Long Lasting Curls
Remington Curling Iron
The Remington curling iron does not wear the hair out and gives a natural shine to the hair. The fork with a conical body can be adjusted to the desired temperature up to 200°C. The box of the curling iron, which is very successful in making bohemian beach waves, also includes gloves that protect the hands from heat.
Best For Tousled Waves And Tempting Texture
Bed Head Rock N’ Roller Clamp-Free Bubble Curling Wand
She successfully creates curls with a curling iron shape, which is quite different from the others with its bubble shape. The curls between the nodes are shaped at equal intervals thanks to the bubbles.
Best For Creating Big Waves
Alure Three Barrel Curling Iron Wand
Wag tongs take a little more time to make than single roller tongs and are also perfect for making bohemian beach waves. Alure’s wag tongs can make both thin and thick waves. There are three different heat settings, 160, 180, and 200°C. An essential trick of applying the wag tongs is to continue shaping by aligning them properly over the last wave.
Best For Easy To Curl And Reverse
Rowenta – Curl Active
Rowenta curling iron with argan oil cashmere and keratin coating protects and shapes the hair. the temperature can be adjusted to eight different temperatures between 130-200°C. Thanks to the timer you choose according to the styling time of your hair, you can know when you will leave the curling iron with an audible warning.
Best For Hair Straighten With Steam Power
L’Oreal Professionnel Steampod | Steam Powered Flat Iron
This innovative multi-purpose hair straightener and curling iron styling tool use exclusive steam technology and an integrated comb to transform hair, creating various styles instantly. For all hair textures and types.
Best For Thicker Hair or Larger Lasting Hair Volume
Voloom Classic 1-1/2 Inch Professional Volumizing Hair Iron
The VOLOOM iron is explicitly designed to give you lasting hair volume so that you can extend the amount of time between shampoos and colorings. With fewer colorings and shampoos, your hair will become even healthier. Adjustable temperature settings from 220°F to 395°F allow you to experiment and find out what temperature works best for your hair type and help to prevent unwanted damage to your hair.
How to Use Curling Iron?
- If your hair is freshly washed and dry, the curling iron gives it a better shape.
- If you have short hair that has just come out or your hair is very electrified, you should blow-dry the front parts before using tongs.
- Make sure the curling iron is warm before using it. The time to reach the desired temperature for most of the new-generation tongs can vary between 30 seconds and 90 seconds.
- First, start tongs from your nape hair. If you start from the top, you’ll need to spend extra time separating the underlying hair.
- After separating the strands, secure the hair with a claw clip.
- If you want rough waves, choose a thick tong. If you wish to thicker waves, choose a tong with a thin diameter.
- Use a curling iron as thin as possible if you have short hair. Since the short hair is opened faster, the thin tongs you apply will give better and more lasting results.
- After using a curling iron, use a fixing spray to keep hair curly longer.
- If you’re using a heat-styling tong, you can also use a spray before wrapping the hair. In this way, the hair will be easier to shape.
- Do not tangle your hair immediately after using tongs. After styling all the hair with tongs, spray and gently diffuse the waves with an intermittent comb.
- One of the most important points when using the curling iron is the direction of wrapping the hair. Use the tongs in whatever direction you want your hair to curl. Make sure that both sides are facing a symmetrical direction.
- The way you hold the curling iron also determines the curls. Curls will be more pronounced if you hold them vertically. If you wrap the hair horizontally, you will get light hair waves.
- If you want obvious curls, try to get as thin strands as possible while wrapping the hair on the tongs.
- Most tongs have non-heating spots on their ends. In this way, wearing a winter glove will make your job easier even if the hand is prevented from burning while holding the hair.
- If you have limited time, try curling the hair after making a ponytail. You will have styled your hair in almost half the time.
- If you have moist and healthy-looking hair, the curling iron’s heat does not need to be too high. But if your hair is thick or damaged, it will take shape more efficiently at high temperatures.
- If you are not going to use the hair right away, roll the hair out of the curling iron and fix it using a hairpin. Detangle hair by spraying before leaving the house. Thus, you will have newly styled hair.
- Although most new-generation curling irons give an audible warning, there is no need to hold the hair in the tong for too long, generally, waiting for 10-12 seconds for each strand is enough to shape it.